Monday, March 19, 2007

A day in China

I'm sitting in my Hotel in China looking out over the Hang Gong area of Shenzen from the 10th floor of my hotel. I would have put a picture but the battery died in the camera.

I'm here to look for a factory, yesterday we looked around some possible units which ranged from the Hi-Tec Park (like Silicon Valley) to a set of walls with a tin roof on it. (Which I wouldn't want to keep a dog in, let alone start the Empire in.)

just a moe... I'm going to make a cuppa....

nice bit of Chinese tea.....

...lovely...hmm, needs to brew a bit... where was I? factory units. We were taken round by Dicky Tong, our Asian GM and we had lunch at some fancy sea food restaurant. I say fancy but not like going to FISH in London, it was more of a Majorca type harbor side fishy place. But by Chinese standards it was fancy. The way to tell was by the polished Audis parked out side and the fact that it was almost as expensive as London. In addition, the food being severed was not your typical fair. I have to explain something. A sight I saw which almost made me into a vegetarian again.... it makes me sick to think about it... The table next to us had lobster. They chose it live from a tank, doesn’t sound to bad? Its body was served on a bed of ice. Nothing too bad there, except that the front half of the lobster was alive and sitting at the front of the plate, while the back half had been opened, shredded and the people around the table were eating its fleshy innards raw! If Doctor Doolittle was sitting with us I'm sure he would have cried listening to the lobster screaming.

We went on to inspect some factories as potential partners for the new venture. I started to get cross because the quality was so bad that I couldn't see even the crappiest optician in the slums of Manchester wanting to buy one of these frames and why they were being considered for TD was frankly insulting to me. I've had words with Dicky but I'm saving the major rant for today because we had already started getting drunk and I've learnt to keep my gob shut after a few beers... I've learnt that the hard way (but thats another blog I should have written months ago)

slurp... this tea is rubbish.


In the evening we had dinner and I went off for a foot massage which lasted for an hour and a half. I have to admit I was starting to get a little bored but didn't want to hurt the girls feelings so I just sat it out. It cost £3.

Today is another day in China, I plan to do some work and catch up with the others later. Dicky and Mark are meeting Chinese Accountants and then going to see a British organsiation called CBBC with a view to seeing how the government can help us set up here.

ta ta

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd write a pithy comment but , for once, words fail me.

10:52 pm  
Blogger Joe & Claire said...

Get help from CBBC? How can Childrens TV help? Ahhhh... I see... they could send Bob the Builder to build a factory for you.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home