Thank you Pennie
Dear Penni,
In light of the decline of our postal service combined with the miracles of new technologies I decided that I might dabble with the age old tradition of thank you letter writing and see if my more visual method might server the purpose better.
Not that this is suitable for all thankyous mind, just the ones with the following criteria.
In light of the decline of our postal service combined with the miracles of new technologies I decided that I might dabble with the age old tradition of thank you letter writing and see if my more visual method might server the purpose better.
Not that this is suitable for all thankyous mind, just the ones with the following criteria.
1. Me playing with new toy.
2. Visual treat.
3. Edible treat (preferable)
We took this with us to Cornwall for Mums birthday. We hit our first problem with a 50 degree 200 meter path down to the mini cottage. Apart from the 16 suitcases we had bought with us and a lack of Farmer Giles to help us down the mountain, the Ice Cream Machine had to stay in the boot. I fully intended to lug it down the following evening but the lack of a deep freezer put out the Ice cream dream.
This weekend I went to Tesco and purchased some of the finest chocolate, scoffed the lot down and then got out some cheap asda coco powder from the back of the cupord, chucked that in the bin and raided Kerstins secret luxury German chocy stash, scoffed that and then went back to Tesco and got some fresh cream, choc and milk.
On my return I chucked it all in a bowl, got the disc widget out the deep freeze and made some of the finest choccy ice cream ever known to man. Probably as we haven’t eaten it yet. Anyway, tonight I’m going to pop some corn, light a candle, pour a drop of rum and stick in the Harry Potter film I purchased from a suspect looking stall in China and then…. hopefully…. finally…. Myself and Kerstin are going to sample the delights of the frozen goodness.
Thanks for a wonderful pressie.
Tom
2. Visual treat.
3. Edible treat (preferable)
We took this with us to Cornwall for Mums birthday. We hit our first problem with a 50 degree 200 meter path down to the mini cottage. Apart from the 16 suitcases we had bought with us and a lack of Farmer Giles to help us down the mountain, the Ice Cream Machine had to stay in the boot. I fully intended to lug it down the following evening but the lack of a deep freezer put out the Ice cream dream.
This weekend I went to Tesco and purchased some of the finest chocolate, scoffed the lot down and then got out some cheap asda coco powder from the back of the cupord, chucked that in the bin and raided Kerstins secret luxury German chocy stash, scoffed that and then went back to Tesco and got some fresh cream, choc and milk.
On my return I chucked it all in a bowl, got the disc widget out the deep freeze and made some of the finest choccy ice cream ever known to man. Probably as we haven’t eaten it yet. Anyway, tonight I’m going to pop some corn, light a candle, pour a drop of rum and stick in the Harry Potter film I purchased from a suspect looking stall in China and then…. hopefully…. finally…. Myself and Kerstin are going to sample the delights of the frozen goodness.
Thanks for a wonderful pressie.
Tom

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home