CCCRRRRRAAAAAAASSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH
So its was a lovely fine summers day and I nipped out on my own to fly the Wing Dragon... my first "solo" flight. I got to the football field and.... doh! people were playing football on it. A father and son approached me, "can we watch you fly your plane?" "no" I said, "they are playing football on my air field" "Not to worry mister, there is another big area just next to the river"
Ah yes I thought, Paul and I had previously scouted it as a possible option. I got there and had lots of questions from father and son. I didn't like them because they were a distraction to the task at hand.
Finally when we arrived at the aerodrome I thought, "bugger, this is a bit small" but my audience had now grown to people and I just didn't feel able to stop.
I went for a grass take off, couldn't help my showing off and as soon as I was airborn I knew the place was too small. Oh well, I'll keep it simple I thought and just do some simple rounds.
"hay, your not bad at all, this is only your 4th flight???"
"do a loop"
"can I have a go"
"how much was it"
Feck off feck off I was thinking... and 4 minuets in to the flight I felt that my craft was too far away. I tried to get it to turn around, hmmm, not much response, left, right, left, right, doh doh doh doh ..... then a voice of Paul B one kanobi in my head "best thing you can do if it gets like this is cut the power"
But I was fast approaching trees, if not in the woods.... do it now before it gets too bad...... ahhhhhHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH H h h h h
F#@$
The picture below is now a perminant reminder to me. I got the body back but my wings man, my wings! are jabbed in to that tree FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah yes I thought, Paul and I had previously scouted it as a possible option. I got there and had lots of questions from father and son. I didn't like them because they were a distraction to the task at hand.
Finally when we arrived at the aerodrome I thought, "bugger, this is a bit small" but my audience had now grown to people and I just didn't feel able to stop.
I went for a grass take off, couldn't help my showing off and as soon as I was airborn I knew the place was too small. Oh well, I'll keep it simple I thought and just do some simple rounds.
"hay, your not bad at all, this is only your 4th flight???"
"do a loop"
"can I have a go"
"how much was it"
Feck off feck off I was thinking... and 4 minuets in to the flight I felt that my craft was too far away. I tried to get it to turn around, hmmm, not much response, left, right, left, right, doh doh doh doh ..... then a voice of Paul B one kanobi in my head "best thing you can do if it gets like this is cut the power"
But I was fast approaching trees, if not in the woods.... do it now before it gets too bad...... ahhhhhHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH H h h h h
F#@$
The picture below is now a perminant reminder to me. I got the body back but my wings man, my wings! are jabbed in to that tree FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:
I remember a similar experiance with my Radio Controled Boat. Lucky for me that there was another person with a tug boat to rescue me. Perhaps you could do the same, get Paul to fly his plane at your wings and nudge them out the tree.
Post a Comment
<< Home