Grand Opening
I opened the factory on Friday. It’s a Chinese tradition and we found that the 10th of August was the best day of the month to open a factory on. Any time after the 14th till the end of September was really bad because the gods are active around this time.
We had to put on a spread for the gods which included rice wine, chicken, suckling piggy and fruit.
We then had to light three incense sticks because this “pleases” them (three has something to do with death) and then we had to burn some money for them as well.
As the owner I then had to light a Chinese firecracker which was 88 crackers big. (8 is the most lucky number in Chinese) anyway, it exploded in my face leaving me with burns to my neck, bits in my eye and my ears ringing.
I have it on video so I’ll let you know if I post it on YouTube. I run like a girl and its quite funny once you know I didn’t die.
We had to put on a spread for the gods which included rice wine, chicken, suckling piggy and fruit.
We then had to light three incense sticks because this “pleases” them (three has something to do with death) and then we had to burn some money for them as well.
As the owner I then had to light a Chinese firecracker which was 88 crackers big. (8 is the most lucky number in Chinese) anyway, it exploded in my face leaving me with burns to my neck, bits in my eye and my ears ringing.
I have it on video so I’ll let you know if I post it on YouTube. I run like a girl and its quite funny once you know I didn’t die.

1 Comments:
Lots of space... no problem with storing your exhibition stand.... just how to get it there?
Post a Comment
<< Home