English in China

When I was in China last week I was invited to give an English lesson for all my factory staff. They mostly take lessons each night but you can’t beat the real thing and so I felt it my duty to take a session. This represented a slight problem to me as my spelling aint that good. I found that white boards don't have spell checkers linked in to them but I think I got away with most of my mistakes. Our English teacher diplomatically ask "are you sure you spell it like that?"
Bah, I thought.
Regardless I had a lot of fun throwing the teachers book away and imagined my lesson to be a combination of Dads theatrics, Pips engagement with the students and Mums black board pictures. (I perhaps flatter myself on the Pip part)
At the end of the lesson I set them all homework and promised an exam for the following week. Consequently only 5 turned up for the next lesson!



1 Comments:
I hope you beat them all soundly and gave them a 100 lines."I must attend the Master's lessons".
Post a Comment
<< Home